Wednesday, June 20, 2012

three short months

A year ago I attended a yoga retreat, two of them, actually.  Only a few months out from having given birth to the last baby I'd ever birth...  I treated myself to a spiritual yoga retreat, and there I promised myself that if I attended again next year, I would be 20 pounds lighter.

Fast forward...  to today...  and the realization that in three months, I have the opportunity to attend another yoga retreat.  I am looking forward to it more than I can put into words.  My birthday weekend and a celebration of me.

The one missing puzzle piece, that I am trying NOT to beat myself up over today...
 I am not any closer to my weight loss goal than I was last retreat. 

I still have 20 lbs. to lose to be healthier and lose the inches from carrying three babies in five years.  Seventeen, if I'm being generous and giving myself the credit for a few pounds that have dropped and stayed gone.

But.

Where in the world do I start?

I have had horrible eating habits.  I think I've previously mentioned that I am an emotional eater.  These past few months have been a bit of a roller coaster.  I have survived, but not without justifying the indulgence of hand-over-fist chocolate binges and the occasional alcohol treat. 

Leo says:
How did I solve it? I picked one thing, and just started.

Ok.  Ok.


One thing.

I will make exercise a priority, not just an objective.
I will be mindful that this is for no one else BUT ME.

Today...  I will exercise when I get home from work.



No comments:

Post a Comment