Thursday, July 12, 2012

hydration or hungry?

This is me, truly, especially midday when I know that what I really need is to get up and walk around, take a break from sitting at the computer, and grab more water.  Sometimes it's not even that I am bored, but just reminding myself that I know a little stretch and hydration really is next best thing... and that when I hear the vending machines calling me softly screaming at me from down the hall, it's best to lock up my wallet and wait for dinner. 

If I don't plan ahead an bring a healthy midday snack, I can succomb to all kinds of crazy eating.  And then by dinner, I feel horrible, not hungry for the good stuff and already swearing to "do better" tomorrow.
I tell my sons this every single day:  It's all about choices.  Isn't it amazing that we can apply that to so many things in our lives?


No comments:

Post a Comment