Tuesday, September 23, 2014

savoring breakfast

Last year I found a beautiful piece of ceramic on Etsy to eat my oatmeal in for breakfast.  I liked it so much, I bought a second one and leave it at work.  On Tuesdays, a chef in the cafe makes steel cut oat "stirfry" and adds in the mix-ins of choice.  It's a yummy way to start the day for only $1.99.  It's actually so much food that I split it between two days.

Today my oats include:  blueberries, peaches, raspberries, walnuts & cinnamon.  Yum!!

Third week of skipping my usual muffin for breakfast, with only breaking down ONCE since the start of this DietBet challenge.  See, normally I would have something at 7 am and another something at 9:30 am, both carb-related and probably not the healthiest choices.  Feeling like I've conquered the need to get more than one "breakfast" from the cafe, and saving money in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment