Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Locker Room Etiquette

Honestly, some people's kids!!  The owner of these belongings strewn about the locker room floor was nowhere to be found.  Did she vanish into thin air, leaving behind her unmentionables for the rest of us to see?  Reminds me of my boys' bedroom floors.  Hmph!

This would have to be one of my biggest pet peeves in having to share space with others in order to exercise in a public place.  Personal exercise habits are one thing to endure, but the complete inappropriate understanding of encroaching on shared space is quite another. 

Other pet peeves include taking up the full counter space with all of your make-up and essentials, as if it was your personal bathroom bureau, leaving no room for anyone else or even a chance at reaching the hair dryer tied to the counter.  Oh, oh, and the ones who take it upon themselves to spray endless amounts of perfume or hairspray into the air, reaching more than their intended objects...  {cough hack cough}...  no, I personally don't like YOUR eau de toilette of the day.  And what about all the hair that sits on the floor of the shower stall?!   Ok, I'll stop there.  You get the idea.

I tried out a yoga class one morning earlier in the month and there were about 20 women gathered in this tiny space getting ready before work (after their workout, I presume), and that was enough to cure me of working out in the morning.  Forever.  My personal get ready "routine" is pretty basic...  shower, scrunch hair, apply mascara and go!  I couldn't imagine getting ready in such a sea of women every morning.  This must be what dorm living was all about?!  Can't say I'm sorry I missed that part.

Well, enough complaining for one day.  I've happily gone back to staggering my workout sessions over the lunch hour to avoid the aforementioned messy etiquette. 

What's your biggest exercising together pet peeve?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Oh too funny observations.. I actually enjoy working out with others.. I never go when it's overly busy in the locker room. I would have to say.. anything gross would top my list.. hair.. shampoo all over the walls..

    ReplyDelete