Friday, April 26, 2013

bodyfat percentage {drumroll}

I have lost 3.4% in body fat since hitting the gym hard back in October.  That's working out at minimum three times per week, and eliminating a lof of poor eating habits on a daily basis.  Probably not hugely impressive, because I've not been a true die-hard and have fallen into old habits on occasion...  but still, something to celebrate!


What areas are measured for these caliper numbers?


My measurements were taken by the same ACE certified individual both times, so I am confident in the readings she took.  It's an awkward way of measuring, that's for sure.  In comparison, when I used the site above and entered my numbers with this morning's weight from my scale at home, I came up with the same percentage.  In effect, I'm currently 112 lbs. of lean body weight and 52 lbs. of body fat. 

According to this website, I am almost in the average range again (instead of overweight).  The proof isn't always in the numbers and there are obviously many variances on what's average, but having lost inches and now this - I'm feeling pretty excited that I will reach my goal if I continue to improve in my exercise & eating as summer draws closer.



Body Fat Percentage Women 30%
While most men have fat funnel into their stomachs, as the body fat of most women (but certainly not all) increases, this fat tends to accumulate in the hips, buttocks, and thighs. At 30% body fat, the hips, thighs, and buttocks are more pronounced and round. This is considered the high end of average for women in many body fat charts.

My ideal body fat percentage (as I age into a new bracket this year) to be healthy is between 25.2 and 28.6.  My numbers goal is to attain another decrease in BF% in order to fall in that range by the one-year mark in October 2013.  In six months' time, I will have the same individual take my measurements - stay tuned!

__________________________________________
Bottom line?
I am measurably less squishy & more lean!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment