Wednesday, April 10, 2013

seven!

It's soooooooooooo easy to get discouraged.  I know.  Jumping on the scale daily, seeing little movement, sometimes doesn't seem worth the .2 ounces of change in a week or a month's time, am I right?  However, looking back over the last year...  I am so proud of myself for keeping on keeping on!!

I have been tracking both at work on their blood pressure/weight machine, as well as entering (not as frequently, as you will tell from the plateaus) measurements into MFP.

But lookey here....   when this girl got a new job a year ago, a fresh outlook, and a new lease on life last April...  she started keeping track of all things weight loss {and I don't know why I'm suddenly talking in the third person, forgive me}....  drumroll, please



7 whole inches GONE {poof} from this girl's frame. 
Well, obviously not that easily, but yeah, that's right...  I'm doing the happy girl dance!!




source

Being honest, it's not been easy.  Choices are hard.  Eliminating what I love most (sweets) is difficult, even to this day.  Heck, I keep wrestling with the idea that I should eliminate the occasional social alcohol imbibe too (but then, clearly, that would be nuts, right?).  However, anything this rewarding as an end result is worth the difficult choices it's taken me to get this far.

I must admit, I do not love individual workouts.  If I had the money to pay for the fitness classes at work, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  I'm better motivated by peer pressure (the person working out next to me/competition) and a teacher in front of me, than I am by myself (or even sometimes with a friend nearby).  Speaking of, I must also give KUDOS to the friend who has been with me since September...  for without Eileen, I would give in to cravings most days and not hit the fitness center over lunch.  Instead, three, sometimes five days a week for the past six months, we have drug our bums down to the weights and bikes and created a new habit!

And today...  all by myself, as much as I wanted to create another excuse or eat instead of workout, I made the choice to head downstairs to the gym (when my friend was home sick), and I can tell you now, two hours later - it still feels good!

My goal is in sight, with a work fitness "trihealthalon" ending this month and a body composition recheck happening by end of April (yes, I will post that difference/results too)... 

I'm healthy & happy!
 

I am still
...a little girl
with GREAT BIG plans!

1 comment: