Wednesday, January 30, 2013

a day to celebrate

I have finally, FINALLY, gotten below 170.  Sure, it's only by a measly .3 lbs this morning, but this day has been almost 6 years in the {wishful thinking} someday I'll get back there category.  Not kidding.  I know, many more have lost a tremendous amount of weight and done it in a more timely manner.  My method has been "slow, but sure" this time around. 

If you know me personally or have followed any of my other blogs, you'll know that I have given birth to three surrogate babies within 5 years (2007, 2009, 2011), and with all the of meds and baby weight, my highest was somewhere over 200 (I stopped paying attention when they insisted on weighing me at the OB's office each week).  Well, as of today, I am ONE POUND away from my starting weight back in 2006 of 168.  My starting weight is no longer a healthy BMI for me at my age {yeah, I said it}, however, so my goal weight is much below that.  I will continue on this life-long journey, one day...  one pound...  at a time.




Today, I celebrate a small success!


2 comments: