Monday, January 7, 2013

slow, but sure

If you asked me recently about my new year's resolutions, I don't know that I would have anything original to add to the usual mantra of lose weight, get healthy, eat right.  Just like everyone else, right?  But this is personal.  It's about MY health and future years on this planet.  I am attempting to workout 3x per week in the fitness center at work and, so far, having a workout buddy with me has made all the difference!  No weaseling out because it's the easy thing to do.  Accountability, baby!  We spend about 40 minutes in the gym doing both cardio and weights, and then eat our lunch back at our desks. 

I'm also happy to report that I'm maintaining my 5 lb. loss and losing a few inches (toning) in the process. The pants are feeling slightly looser and I'm making better food choices too.  This has all been going on since roughly September, so I feel safe in saying that it's finally a habit and no longer a novelty. 

So, while the chronological clock is still ticking forward, I'm determined to make this stick!  By my 46th birthday, I will be well on my way to successful habits.  Heck, I might even jump on the paleo bandwagon with my girlfriend (if I can get my personal chef to acquiesce some of his cooking recipes/choices). 

I can also say that I've successfully kicked the 2:30 pm vending machine habit!  Packing snacks that are healthy and/or going for a walk has also made a huge difference in my day.

So, slow but sure... this tortise will win the race!




today's healthy lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment