Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 2

Yesterday was tough.  I'm not gonna lie.  This is, obviously, all about ME being honest with myself.

My notes from yesterday:
  • Took the stairs.
  • Worked out in the morning.
  • Did not eat fast food when tempted by my parents.
  • Drank tea in the morning instead of coffee.
  • Gave back the white wine offered to me by my husband.
My biggest weakness is my sweet tooth and I was able to forego any temptation in that regard yesterday.  It was good timing that I saw an article (and video) by Dr. Mark Hyman on the Huffington Post about sugar addictions!  It is now being sent to my inbox daily to keep me on track.

"We are hardwired to love sweets. To survive in lean times during our hunter gather days, we had to fatten up if we came upon a berry patch or a beehive.  But today we live in a sea of sugar that sends our biological desires into overload. Use the four steps in this video to end sugar cravings once and for all."

This isn't anything new.  I know what sugar does to my body. After the sweetness passes over my tongue, the guilt sets in and the substance heads straight to my belly.  Believe me, I know.  Looking down at the leftovers from three pregnancies in five years...  it settles right where I need it least!

So not only have I done yoga two mornings in a row now, I have also started this Mad Abs March challenge.  Not easy!  I can feel it, however, halfway through the day and know that there is success in my future.  Working out first thing in the morning,  no excuses...  and I'm on my way.
I also made time to pack a healthy lunch today and the clementine has (so far) curbed my sweet tooth. 

Temptation sucks. 

Bring on Day 3!!

No comments:

Post a Comment