Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 6

I started yoga at work today.  Tuesdays & Thursdays over the lunch hour.  I'm really going to enjoy this.  It forces me to bring my lunch (which I've been good at doing, by the way), which in turn allows me to save money.  Oh, and bonus - workout during the day without having to worry about taking time away from the family.

I have been doing yoga for a couple of years now.  I'm not proficient at it, and know that it will always be a work-in-progress.  It's a practice, not something I will master. There are things I'll never be able to do (yes, I do know that), but areas where I will push myself to get out of my comfort zone and stretch.

So, in a class of about 40 people, most of whom seemed younger than I am, we had over 80% newbies to yoga.  That is a good thing, right?  Sure, they're getting healthy and trying something new.  I was there once.  What I hope that they overcome, however, in the next eight weeks - is their inability to focus and how they giggle at absolutely every.single pose. and snap-crackle-pop.  Just BE, people.  Just BE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment