Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 9

Stairs.  42 of them, to be exact.  I have been lazy at work for the last five years (thinking I had a very good excuse, but that's beside the point).  However, since Day 1, I have recommitted myself.  I have taken the stairs, both directions, every.single.day.  yeah me!  Okay, stop laughing.  Any little step is toward a bigger goal, right?

Breakfast.  My other solid accomplishment since starting...  not eating two breakfasts every morning!  I'm one who needs to eat the minute my eyes open.  Or at least I had convinced myself of that need.  However, I've been working hard at retraining my body and mind to work together.  Instead of eating breakfast at home and then again less than two hours later at work (generally a junky donut or muffin filled with useless calories), I am only allowing myself ONE breakfast.  I have also cut out the morning sugar-laden juice and have started squeezing lemon into water to tide me over and curb that craving.

Baby steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment